Helping you through the key milestones of life.
- Completed an Associate Degree of Law in 1997;
- Completed a Bachelor of Laws with Honours in 2000;
- Completed a Graduate Certificate in Legal Practice in 2001;
- Completed a Master of Laws in 2005;
- Admitted as a Solicitor in New South Wales in 2001; and
- Completed a Graduate Diploma of Applied Law (Wills & Estates) in 2018.
Kathryn has extensive experience working in Australia and the UK, in private practice and as in house counsel. Kathryn is passionate about assisting individuals and their families in everyday legal transactions and making sure the elderly are taken care of.
Having undertaken post-graduate studies in Wills & Estates and Elder Law, Kathryn is well known for her careful consideration and attention to detail in legal drafting and advice.
Kathryn is a member of the St George and Sutherland Regional Law Society and regularly attends their Succession Law and Property Law Sub Committee meetings.
In her spare time Kathryn enjoys spending time with her husband, two children, two pet cocker spaniels, two guinea pigs, one blue tongue lizard and cooking with her two thermo mixers. There seems to be a theme of pairs of items here, however she can confirm that one husband and one blue tongue lizard are enough!
- Completed a Bachelor of Laws with Honours in 1999;
- Completed a Bachelor of Science in 1999;
- Completed a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice in 2000; and
- Admitted as a Solicitor in New South Wales in 2000.
Well- respected by her colleagues and clients for her understanding of complex legal topics, Melanie enjoys keeping up to date with property law changes and regularly attends briefings in this area.
Melanie is a member of the Sutherland Shire Regional Law Society and often attends their Succession Law and Property Law Sub Committee meetings to keep updated in these areas.
When not working, Melanie loves spending time with her husband, two children and two dogs.
She is regularly a cycling widow, while she waits patiently at the sidelines with her children, cheering on her husband.
Melanie enjoys cooking, attending her local book club with her friends and rumour has it that she also likes to tap dance!
- Completed an Advanced Diploma of Conveyancing in 2008;
- Certified Practising Conveyancer since 2010;
- Completed a Powers of Attorney Law;
- Practice course at Macquarie Law School in 2016; and
- Attained 14 years of membership to the conveyancing profession under the Australian Institute of Conveyancers NSW Division Ltd
Annette has a wealth of experience as a conveyancer in the Sutherland Shire and Liverpool Council areas.
Joining Harriss Jones Lawyers in 2018, Annette ran her own successful conveyancing practice for over 9 years.
Highly regarded and well-known by colleagues in her profession, Annette has long-standing relationships with all her clients, who often recommend her services to others.
Annette has particular interest in unusual property transactions (for example, properties with limited or qualified title or party walls) and she has extensive experience in off-the-plan, strata, and residential conveyancing.
With a ‘by-the-book’ attitude to all conveyancing processes and procedures, Annette frequently attends seminars and webinars to update her conveyancing knowledge and is well versed in the electronic settlement network, PEXA. Annette is also passionate about Aged Care and ensuring that our elder clients have an easy transition into retirement living.
When not working (which is rare) Annette loves playing golf with her husband and spending quality time with her large family.
- Completed a Bachelor of Laws in 2019;
- Completed a Bachelor of Arts (International Relations) in 2019;
- Completed a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice and a Certificate of Business Skills with College of Law in 2020; and
- Admitted as a Solicitor in New South Wales in February 2021.
Laura is a passionate young lawyer who commenced working with Harriss Jones Lawyers in 2017 as a legal clerk.
Having recently been promoted to a full-time Junior Solicitor position, Laura is quickly learning the ropes from an experienced team of female lawyers and conveyancers.
With over six years’ experience in the hospitality industry and over three years’ experience in the legal industry, Laura takes pride in her exceptional interpersonal skills assisting people from all walks of life.
Laura is experienced in drafting estate planning documents and is expanding her knowledge of the conveyancing process every day.
Laura’s interests include legal policy and community advocacy and she wishes to pursue these further throughout her legal career.
Living by the beach in Cronulla, when not working, Laura enjoys reading with her book club, attending Reformer Pilates classes, and watching her partner surf. She also plays netball and is a great team player.
When entertaining, Laura enjoys putting her cocktail-making skills to the test with friends.
- Currently completing a Bachelor of Laws at the University of Technology; and
- Currently completing a Bachelor of Communications (Digital and Social Media) at the University of Technology
Erin has been with Harriss Jones Lawyers part-time since January 2020 as a legal clerk, assisting with office-related duties and legal drafting.
Over this time, Erin has greatly expanded her knowledge of Wills & Estate Planning and Conveyancing processes, and shows great diligence and attention to detail. Whenever we have a technological query, Erin is our go-to-girl!
Due to finish her studies at the end of 2022, we can’t wait to see what the future brings for Erin at Harriss Jones Lawyers.
Outside of work, Erin is a talented singer and song-writer, she enjoys eating dishes from the Philippines and spending time with her family and friends in the Sutherland Shire.